The Government believes that the Pupil Premium Grant (PPG), which is an allocation of additional funding, is the best way to support specific groups of children who are vulnerable to possible underachievement and to address the gap in their educational attainment. The Pupil Premium is designed to ensure that funding to tackle disadvantage reaches the pupils who need it most.
Eligibility includes children:
- who have been eligible for free school meals (FSM) at some point in the last six years;
- who are looked after or in Local Authority care (CLA)
- whose parents are currently employed by the armed services.
Schools are free to spend the PPG as they see fit. However schools are held accountable for how they have used the additional funding to support pupils from low-income families. Since September 2012 schools have been required to publish online information about how they have used the Pupil Premium.
We recognise each pupil as an individual and as a result consider that there is no “one size fits all”. By identifying individual barriers our dedicated team of teachers and support staff are committed to meeting the pastoral, social and academic needs of all children within a caring environment. Our key principles are:
- Narrow the achievement gap between pupil premium pupils and the rest of the year group.
- All pupil premium children to achieve their full potential and as a minimum be working at age related expectation
- Eliminate barriers to learning by providing effective strategies and interventions
- Ensuring equality of access to all aspects of the curriculum
We will ensure that the children who qualify for the Pupil Premium Grant have their needs clearly identified and their progress closely monitored and tracked through school.
Read about how much Pupil Premium Bewick Bridge receives, how it is spent and its impact in the reports below.
To find out if you might be eligible for Pupil Premium benefit, please visit the Cambridgeshire website on it. If you do not have internet access please ask to speak to someone in the office who will be able to deal with your query confidentially.